How Are You Paying Your Domestic Worker?

Paying your foreign domestic worker’s (FDW) salary electronically has its benefits – you get a record of the monthly payment transaction, and the amount deposited and received.

According to the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act, an employer must abide by the helper’s request to have her salary paid electronically to a Singapore bank account.

Interested in setting up an e-bank account but not sure how to get started? We sought out a little help from the Centre for Domestic Employees (CDE).

Plus, CDE can also help you set it up without you having to make any initial deposit or maintain a monthly minimum deposit amount!1

Here’s how you do it:

You and your foreign domestic worker can approach CDE to apply for the opening of the POSB Payroll Account (FDW) by following the steps below.

  1. Fill up the two consent forms (Employer Consent Form and FDW Consent Form).
  2. Set up FDW’s email address and mobile number before coming to the centre.
  3. Things to Bring
    • A copy of the FDW’s passport (with more than 6-month validity).
    • FDW’s work permit card or Ministry of Manpower’s In-Principle Approval Letter.
  4. Once all required documents are ready, the FDW and/or employer can visit the CDE offices in either City Plaza or Peninsula Plaza, Tuesdays to Sundays, 10am to 5pm.

1To enjoy no initial deposit and minimum sum, the FDWs should not have any accounts with POSB/DBS before; and POSB Payroll Account (FDW) must be opened through the online channel at CDE and not through the bank branches.  

Share this story: