Financial services has been identified as one of the key industries to be hit by disruptions. Over 70 per cent of the 1000 industry professionals polled by the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) in June this year said that technology has changed or will change their scope of work.
Fortunately, many of them were optimistic that the new technologies would drive efficiencies and make work easier. There’s just one small issue – eight in 10 respondents were not fully aware of training options to acquire new skills.
The IBF Careers Connect centre launched on 1 August 2018 is now here to address this gap.
What It Does for You
The IBF Careers Connect, which evolves from the Financial Industry Career Advisory Centre, is a culmination of an ongoing tripartite effort among employers, unions and the government, including NTUC’s e2i (Employment and Employability Institute), SkillsFuture Singapore and Workforce Singapore.
Rest reassured that all hands are on deck to help you:
- Train and upskill
Aiming for a promotion or a new job position? Boost your chances by making yourself more eligible. Advisors at IBF Careers Connect can help you understand the core competencies required and point you towards the relevant training programmes.
- Reskill and Switch Careers
Your job is phasing out and you are not familiar with the new technologies that have sprung up? Don’t lose hope!
IBF will work with financial institutions to intervene pre-emptively and facilitate professional conversion to help affected individuals transit into new or expanded jobs.
For instance, IBF is working with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Infocomm Media Development Authority to help workers transit into areas with growing demand such as artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and data analytics.
- Broaden Network and Job Opportunities
There will be networking and career-related events organised to help you connect with other professionals and gain new industry knowledge. They can also open doors to employment opportunities.
Who is IBF?
- Not-for-profit industry association established in 1974 to develop the financial industry and its practitioners
- Represents close to 200 financial institutions including banks, insurance companies, securities brokerages and asset management firms
- National accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards
- Appointed programme manager for the administration of professional conversion programmes for the financial industry under Workforce Singapore’s Adapt and Grow initiative
Getting in Touch
IBF Careers Connect
Location: 10 Shenton Way, Level 13, MAS Building
Hotline: 6305 5666
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on IBF’s services.