Did you know there is a mobile app that congregates promotions from retailers island-wide? Named GoSpree, the app has accumulated over 10 thousand downloads since its launch by the Singapore Retailers Association (SRA) in 2017.
By downloading and redeeming eCoupons, users can enjoy discounts and exclusive deals on shopping, dining, and entertainment.
As consumer behaviour swings towards mobile purchases, SRA is rolling out enhancements to the app to stay relevant – just in time for the Great Singapore Sale!
Savings for Shoppers
- Users can now update their profile with more information for the app to understand their preferences. Through data collection and analytics, SRA is able to push more accurate recommendations and personalised eCoupons.
- The use of QR Codes has enabled customers to participate with ease in promotional campaigns such as lucky draws. Merchants, on the other hand, can conveniently deactivate eCoupons and retrieve reports for financial reporting whenever they need.
- Geofencing: Based on the location of the GoSpree user, eCoupons offered by participating GoSpree merchants nearby (up to 5km) will show up when users search for eCoupon offers by “Location”.
- eGifting (available from July 2018): The feature allows users to send eVouchers as a gift to friends by email, WhatsApp and Facebook.
Business for Bosses
The app gives users their “online” shopping experience while continuing to drive footfalls and spending at the shops – combining the best of both worlds.
Come end-2018, retailers can benefit from more features:
- Companies can use GoSpree as a convenient and cost saving platform for the issuance of corporate deals to staff. It can take the form of retail vouchers or products to be redeemed at designated stores or malls.
- Payment gateway has been integrated so that users can transact directly with retailers to receive instant redemption coupons.
- With “eTickets”, users can now purchase tickets to events and shows.
- GoSpree Retailer App: Special offers and flash deals can be developed on the shop floor or on the fly in response to competition and shoppers’ demand.
Good to Know
The enhancements to GoSpree are only possible with the help of the Local Enterprise and Association Development Programme (LEAD) by Enterprise Singapore and Singapore Tourism Board. LEAD is designed to help trade associations and chambers in their efforts to drive capability development and internationalisation in various industries.